Vicente Silveira, Director at LinkedIn confirmed the password leak in his blog post.
So, if you are on LinkedIn change your password immediately!
If you are wondering how, here are the steps:
- Login to your LinkedIn account.
- Hover your mouse pointer over your name on the right top corner of the website, and click on the "Settings".
- In the "Settings" page, Click on "Account" in the left vertical Menu, then click on "Change password" as shown in the following image.
- Enter your old password and new password(twice)
- Make sure your new password is strong enough. Include uppercase letters, numbers and special characters. Click on the "Change password" button.
- That's all! Your password is changed!.
Important note: If you are using the same password for any other accounts, change them all ASAP.