A new document on their Facebook Site Governance Page announces the proposed change and also gives us links to the new documents.
Excerpt from the document:
Today we are proposing some updates to two documents which govern our site: our Data Use Policy, which explains how we collect and use data when people use Facebook, and our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (SRR), which explains the terms governing the use of our services. These updates provide more detailed information about our practices, reflect changes to our products, and improve how we conduct our site governance process...................
As you can see from the document they are adding a new feature to address questions about the changes. The document highlights the following changes:
- Ask the Chief Privacy Officer. We’ll be launching a new feature on our Facebook and Privacy Page to let you submit questions about privacy to our Chief Privacy Officer of Policy, Erin Egan.
- Facebook Live Events. Erin Egan will host webcasts on a regular basis to address your comments and questions about privacy, safety and security.
- New tools for managing your Facebook Messages – replacing the “Who can send you Facebook messages” setting with new filters for managing incoming messages.
- Changes to how we refer to certain products, like instant personalization.
- Reminders about what’s visible to other people on Facebook. For instance, when you hide things from your timeline, those posts are visible elsewhere, like in news feed, on other people’s timelines, or in search results.
- Tips on managing your timeline. For example, you can use tools on your timeline or activity log to delete your own posts, or you can ask someone else to delete a post in which you’re tagged.
However to know what all has changed wrt Data Use Policy and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (SRR), we have to read the new documents.
Use the following links to see the proposed changes. You can leave your comments on those pages.
- Proposed Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
- Proposed SRR Redline(PDF)
- Proposed Data Use Policy
- Proposed Data Use Policy Redline(PDF)
Click here to comment. Remember that these documents are open for comment till 9:00 AM PST on November 28, 2012. Make sure you read and understand new documents.
Happy and safe Facebooking!